5 December 2004
this website cannot in any way take any legal responsibility whatsoever for anything you do or sign.
This is something the artist would send to the promoter to sign.
Obviously this contract is meant for club/rave type gigs, and you may well not be in a position to ask for
hotel or equipment or travel. Alter to suit your needs. Remember, the promoter/club has signed and seen more of these agreements than you have.
No mention is made here of guarantee (should your pay me variable or based on the take at the door).
AN AGREEMENT: [ dated xx/xx/xxxx]
BETWEEN: __ [the promoter] and __ [the booking
agent] on behalf of __[the artist].
WHEREBY: the promoter engages the artist and the artist accepts the
engagement to present:
At the venue and terms set out below:
VENUE: [ venue ]
DATE: [ date ]
The artist(s) agree to appear at one performance for the total salary of
[ salary ]
Cash in US dollars on night of show to the Artist(s), prior to
The promoter agrees to provide travel arrangements for [artist] to [city].
Details of these travel arrangements will be specified no later than [date].
ACCOMODATIONS + HOSPITALITY
The promoter agrees to provide the artist(s) with good hotel
accommodations with en suite bathroom preferable close to the venue.
The address/phone number of the hotel will be faxed to [booking agent] at
least 30 days before the gig. The promoter agrees that a trusted person
will collect the artist(s) from the airport. The promoter agrees to
provide one good meal before the performance and the artist's choice
of refreshments before, during, and after the performance.
- The artist(s) will perform for between 70 and 90 minutes.
- The promoter will ensure that no recording of any sort shall be made of
any part of the artists' performance
without specific verbal/written agreement of the artist.
- Should it be required, the artist(s) are allowed to have a guaranteed
guest list of a minimum of 10 people.
- The artist(s) and their representatives are in no way liable for any
prosecutions or fines incurred as a result
of illegal promotion of the show.
- The promoter shall be responsible for all public liabilities.
All the clauses attached hereto form an integral part of this contact and
must be strictly adhered to. Alterations
can only be accepted after negotiations and agreement with [booking agent].
Please sign below:
PROMOTER DATE Print name here: ____________________________________ ___/___/___
ARTIST DATE Print name here:
- wayne&wax: shocklee is a prophet and i think you oughta listen to
- Record Stores
- Being an Artist
- Germany - ISP cannot supply access data to the music industry
- Group: Music Piracy a $4.6B Business - Yahoo! News
- Major labels, death knells, yadayadayada
- Wired 12.10: The Long Tail